The Tourism Programme has two specific strategic objectives :
Position Mpumalanga as the tourism destination of choice
With such wonderful natural assets, it may seem that this is the easiest job in the world – but it is also very difficult to compress all the compelling reasons why people should visit our beautiful province into one brand promise. For this reason, we have identified our core brand values - including Wildlife and Bush, Adventure and Culture and Heritage – and weave our brand positioning around these.
Market destination Mpumalanga to both domestic & international markets.
To achieve our objectives the Division engages in advertising, brand building & positioning, as well as trade relations activities, event marketing and Business Tourism (MICE) initiatives. We also work with key stakeholders, both locally and internationally, in order to drive conversion through product and packages – and exhibit at both local and international consumer and trade shows to drive demand and grow travel to the province.
Executive Manager: Mr. Ntwanano Mtungwa
Tel: +27 (0)13 065 0860
Tourism Registration and Information Business Unit derive its mandate from the national and provincial legislation, namely :-
- The Tourism Act No. 3 of 2014 which provides, among others, for the registration of the tourist guides; and
- The Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency Act No. 5 of 2005 which also provides for the registration of tourist guides and other persons conducting tourism related business in the Province.
- Tourism Registration and Information Business Unit is therefore responsible for providing the following functions :-
- Processing applications for registrations of persons conducting tourism business in the province;
- Promotion and development of the tourist guiding sector in the province;
- Conducting education and awareness campaigns; and
Promoting the destination through provision and disseminating relevant tourism marketing material and information through information offices
Tourism Registration Tel: 013 065 0882 Kruger International Airport Tel: 013 065 0335