Scheduled to take place in September 2018 during Tourism Month hosted annually in Mpumalanga, the Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency (MTPA) are excited to have announced the launch of the 2nd Annual Mbombela Jazz Festival along with its supporting events and coming highlights.
As part of the MTPA’s events strategy the Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency have partnered with Harmocept Holdings a relationship solidified in 2017 with the aims to host the Annual Mbombela Jazz Festival as part of promoting the province of Mpumalanga during Tourism Month celebrated each year during the month of September.
Accompanied by various other events and planned highlights each geared at showcasing the province of Mpumalanga as a tourism destination of choice, the Annual Jazz Festival will play an integral role in building awareness and promoting tourism in the region encouraging local travellers to visit the province not only for the many travel and tourism features native to the area but as a source of local and international music, sporting and other entertainment features as well.
Having already contributed to increasing the number of domestic and international tourists to the province in 2017, this year the 2018 Annual Mbombela Jazz Festival hopes to attract domestic visitors from Mpumalanga, Gauteng, and the Limpopo province, KwaZulu-Natal, as well as international travellers from Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland.
The recent launch event hosted in March 2018 allowed for members of the media and stakeholders get first-hand information on the programme of events and the line-up of artists scheduled to perform at this year’s event. With the promise that the 2018 event is geared at being even bigger and better than the inaugural 2017 festival, the 2018 Mbombela Jazz Festival calendar of activities will include pre and post events.
These events include:
- Triland Soccer Challenge to include teams from Swaziland and Mozambique hosted on 21 July 2018 at Mbombela Stadium.
- The 1st Ray Chikapa Phiri Memorial Lecture in partnership with the University of Mpumalanga to be held on 06 September 2018 at 12:00.
- The 2nd Mbombela Jazz Festival Charity Golf day at Matumi Golf Course on 07 September 2018 at 9:00am. The golf day will be used to collect school shoes to be donated to needy school children.
- The 2nd Annual Mbombela Jazz Fest-Pre Party at Kanyamazane Stadium hosted on 07 September 2048 at 18:00.
- The 2nd Mbombela Annual Jazz Festival Main Event will be held on 08 September 2018 at the Mbombela Stadium at 18:00
- The 2nd Mbombela Jazz Festival Soul Session hosted on 09 September 2018 at Casambo Lodge at 14:00
In partnering with district and local municipalities as well as local businesses and tourism industry stakeholders together with the Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency local entities hope to promote tourism to the province encouraging travel to the area for both leisure and entertainment purposes. Through building awareness of the impact that tourism has on our daily lives and encouraging local and surrounding international visitors from the likes of Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland, the 2018 festival looks forward to serenading audiences from various parts of the country and surrounds.