InformationSituated just outside of Graskop on the R533 towards Hazyview (on the opposite side of the gorge to the Big Swing), it promises a wonderful outing for the whole family.
The main attraction is the viewing lift that takes visitors 51 metres down the face of the gorge and into the forest below, where a wooden walkway, rising and falling and crossing suspension bridges, will take visitors along a 500 metre interpretation trail through the indigenous forest. Privately developed by three locals with a passion for conscientiously sharing the beauty of the Panorama Route, the gorge development includes a restaurant and bar with spectacular views, shops and curios.
- 240 tons of concrete in the foundation
- 88 tons of steel in the shaft
- Lift was manufactured by Otis
- The distance from the base to the top of the shaft is 60m
- The total travel distance in the lift is 51m
- The lift travels at 1m/s and takes one minute to go down.
- ONLY the front of the lift is glass from waist height upwards