PROVINCIAL WINNERS UNVEILED FOR 2018 LILIZELA TOURISM AWARDS

,

Throughout the month of September, the best travel and tourism facilities and products in every province will be announced.

With four provincial events having already taken place in Mpumalanga, Limpopo, Northern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal, South African Tourism has posted the extensive list of these provincial winners in every category of the annual Lilizela Tourism Awards on the Lilizela Tourism Awards website.

The list represents the best of the best: the nominees were chosen from more than 1300 entries from across the country. 

The finalists come from a range of categories, such as service excellence, sustainable development and entrepreneurship. They are toasted at provincial awards ceremonies during Tourism Month in 
September ahead of the national awards in November.

Tourism Minister Derek Hanekom congratulated all the provincial finalists on their achievements. “Our country offers diverse, exciting tourism experiences and services that deliver on the promise that we make to both domestic, regional and international travelers. I congratulate all these outstanding tourism businesses. This is a highly competitive process and making it to this level is an exceptional achievement,” said Minister Hanekom.
 
“I thank each one of the winners, and every entrant who participated, for their valuable contribution to making South Africa an attractive and globally competitive tourism destination.” 
The winners from provincial events will become national finalists, and winners will be announced at a gala event on November 17 at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.

The Lilizela Tourism Awards recognise outstanding service among accommodation and other tourism establishments, products and services. “The awards are an opportunity to celebrate professionalism, creativity and innovation in the industry. The larger the mix of entries, the greater the opportunity to showcase the variety of unique and authentic experiences that South Africa has to offer,” Minister Hanekom said.

The Lilizela Tourism Awards are largely consumer based - 80% of the score is based on Consumer Reviews, including votes from the Lilizela Tourism Awards website and the TripAdvisor score for that establishment. The remaining 20% of the score comes from the deliberations of the judges’ panel for the respective categories. 
The adjudication panel is made up of industry professionals and travel practitioners.
Particular attention was paid to emerging black-owned tourism start-ups and small enterprises, and to establishments that have taken steps to improve their universal accessibility status by welcoming and accommodating guests with special needs.

The results were audited by Nexia SAB & T, a Level 1 Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Contributor accounting and auditing consulting firm. More provincial awards ceremonies to take place include: 
Gauteng; 20th September 2018
Eastern Cape, 20th September 2018
Free state; 21st September 2018
North West; 21st September 2018
Western Cape; 28th September 2018

For a list and images of the provincial winners, visit www.lilizela.co.za, or like the Lilizela Tourism Awards Facebook page or follow @Lilizela_Awards on Twitter for regular updates.


MTPA on Instagram



Follow Us