Andover is an unspoiled Nature Reserve, situated amidst the Kruger national Park, Sabi Sands and Timbavati Game Reserve Triangle. It epitomises the tranquillity that a person expects from an authentic bushveld experience.
Andover can be explained to be a hide-away for romantics with a taste for the bush veld, or a tranquil base camp for intrepid explorers, or a welcome break away for the family, due to the small intimate and private nature of the resort. The camp site is ideal for the traveller that wants to go off the radar and a welcome waterhole for those moving through, from Polokwane to Mpumalanga. Various small buck, giraffe, monkeys, baboon and a rich array of birdlife elevates your awareness of the bio-diverse surroundings that you find yourself in.
- Caring staff almost unnoticeably service the 5 quaint 4-sleeper en-suite, self-catering bushveld bungalows that ooze a home-like atmosphere.
- The 6-sleeper Andover Family House is undeniably the perfect accommodation for the travelling family, offering an en-suite main bedroom, large lounge and fully fitted kitchen.
- The 10 grass covered caravan stands are all serviced with electricity points with neat serviced communal ablution facilities.
- Be sure to come fully prepared for self-catering as there are no general shops in the immediate vicinity.
- Ranger-accompanied bush walks can be arranged on arrival.
Andover Nature Reserve is a carefully preserved bushveld conservancy, home to all the plains game except for elephant and the larger cat species. The hippo dam is a popular site for bird watching and the network of roads is suitable for all vehicles.
Quick Facts for Travellers
- Located west of Manyeleti Nature Reserve on the R531
- Within easy travelling distance from Johannesburg
- View various small antelope, giraffes, zebras, monkeys, baboons and a rich array of birdlife
- Self-catering and camping sites available
- Self-drive game viewing and guided bush walks available
- Please come fully prepared for self-catering