Manyeleti Nature Reserve
Contact : Betty Mnguni Reservations Clerk
Cellphone : 079 775 9539
Telephone : (013) 759 5432
Fax : (013) 735 5271
Manyeleti, meaning “place of stars” in the local Shangaan language, will reward you with a Big 5star bushveld experience.
During your visit you will stay at the Manyeleti Main Camp, that will open the door to an exclusive wildlife experience as you share the vastness of the game reserve with only a limited number of private game lodges. Your game viewing experience is endless due to less interruption by other game viewing vehicles.
The Game Reserve extends over 23 750 hectares sharing fenceless borders with the Kruger National Park, Sabi Sands and the Timbavati Game Reserve resulting in free roaming of the wildlife with uninterrupted game viewing all year round.
If a bird lover, you can sit back and try to spot one of the rarest birds currently on the red list, namely the Kori Bustard or any of the 300bird species recorded in the region, including many of the large raptors.
Whether you choose to explore the bushveld through guided open-vehicle game drives, or to self-drive the 200km park network of roads or to set out on foot with experience field rangers, Manyeleti will leave a lasting impression and you will leave with a wide-range of prize photographs.
The affordable family-friendly accommodation offers it all:
• 34 self-catering, en-suite bungalows of which 19 are newly renovated.
• 20 caravan camping areas with communal ablution facilities.
• Two large sparkling pools and a small tuck-shop will leave you refreshed.
• Be sure to come fully prepared for self-catering as there are no general shops in the immediate vicinity.
The 60-bed dormitory with cooking facilities in Manyeleti provides school programmes with comfortable accommodation when attending the Environmental Education Programme.
The low-key tranquillity of the Manyeleti Main Camp combined with the affordable accommodation, brings the wilderness bushveld experience in range of a more diverse traveller group from all levels of the community.
Quick Facts for Travellers
• Manyeleti – meaning ‘place of stars’ in the local language, shangaan
• Within easy travelling distance from Johannesburg
• (co-ordinates)??? • Situated on the western boundary of the Kruger National Park, immediately south of the Orpen Gate, off the R531 from Klaserie
• Renowned for Big 5 sightings
• Park road network is suitable for all vehicles
• Guided open vehicle game drives and guided bush walks available
• Self-catering and Camping sites available
• Pool and small tug shop for refreshments
• Please come fully prepared for self-catering