Now open to receive and process applications, the Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency together with the ABM Foundation are thrilled to commence public entries into the Sunrise Women Awards 2019. A registered project under the ABM Foundation formed in 2016, the annual SWA - Sunrise Women Awards brings prestige and recognition to leading Mpumalanga ladies and their ongoing contribution to various Mpumalanga communities. Aimed at acknowledging the valuable contributions made by female frontrunners in local business, women’s groups, organisations and individuals, the 2019 SWA’s are once again thrilled to identify South African women leaving their mark in local economies and the country at large.
In search women who have demonstrated excellence in leadership, business, career and their communities, the Sunrise Women Awards 2019 invites all leading ladies who excel and make significant contributions in their community as well as young women whose achievements make them leaders in changing the social and business landscapes to apply. The closing date for entry submissions will conclude on 30 June 2019 followed by a comprehensive screening by a panel of adjudicators. No late submissions will be accepted and entries are only available to women living or working in Mpumalanga. Nominations and applications must also clearly indicate the applicable category, taking careful consideration of which award you would like to apply to / nominate for.
Following the adjudication process, the annual Sunrise Women’s Awards will open during women’s month this coming August where winners will be announced and celebrated in style at a gala dinner event scheduled to take place on 3 August 2019.
Underpinned by efforts maintained by the Admire Billy Malubana Foundation (ABM), the ABM foundation is based on establishing mutual interests and passions to engage and advance activities that make a positive and meaningful impact in society. Through highlighting achievements of individuals, organisations, and local businesses that consistently create a sense of state pride, unity and inspiration to aspiring youth through mentorship and their role modelling to broader communities, the SWA’s create a platform to recognise various example led categories of excellence.
Some of these exciting categories for the 2019 Sunrise Women Awards include (but are not limited to);
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Most Innovative Woman of the Year
- Young Women Achiever of the Year
- Small and Medium Business Entrepreneur of the Year
- Job Creator of the Year
- Women in Leadership
- Investing in Girls Award
- Trail Blazer Award
- Women with Disability Award
- Girl Child Award
- Women in Music
- Best Female Journalist
- Women in Construction
- Women in Engineering
- Women in Farming
Through the recognition and acknowledgement of female led success, the Sunrise Women Awards aim to;
- Encourage individuals, organisations, groups, business and community involvement in large and small regional and rural communities
- Recognise as role models the significant contribution individuals, businesses, organisations and communities are making throughout the Mpumalanga Province
- Acknowledge the valuable contributions that individuals, businesses, organisations and communities are achieving throughout the Mpumalanga Province
- Reward the valuable contributions that individuals, businesses, organisations and communities are making throughout the Mpumalanga Province
- Promote sponsors and presenters as responsible corporate citizens helping to build communities throughout the Province of Mpumalanga, they also aim to attract more people from outside the province, to visit our beautiful Province!
For more on the Sunrise Women Awards 2019, visit the ABM Foundation and download your application form now!